[IPython-dev] Thinking about 0.12...

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 21:04:34 EDT 2011

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 3:22 PM, MinRK <benjaminrk at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 01:41, Paul Ivanov <pivanov314 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'd really like to see terminal-based two-process working in 0.12, see
>> https://github.com/ipython/ipython/pull/708 which currently has no
>> labels.
>
> That would be great!  If you fix the weird signal-handling issue, the only
> thing really missing should be an interface for the extra commands, like
> restarting/interrupting the kernel. But the signal behavior is really a
> show-stopper as it is.
> I just don't have time to work on that, so if you pick it up, it would be
> great to have in 0.12.

Eventually we'll probably want to refactor the various classes that
handle these guys a bit further, to simplify the construction of one-
or two- process versions of the main clients, but this would be a
great start.

Let us know how it goes and if you need any help, we can also meet up
on campus to discuss it hands-on.