[IPython-dev] Test failures on master

MinRK benjaminrk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 16:55:43 EST 2011

The same bug fixed by your unicode-issues branch, if I am not
mistaken.  It doesn't raise on Ubuntu in iptest, because importing gtk
sets sys.defaultencoding to utf8.

ERROR: test_unicode
(IPython.core.tests.test_inputsplitter.InputSplitterTestCase)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/minrk/dev/ip/trunk/IPython/core/tests/test_inputsplitter.py",
line 367, in test_unicode
    self.isp.push("u'\xc3\xa9'")
  File "/Users/minrk/dev/ip/trunk/IPython/core/inputsplitter.py", line
381, in push
    self._store(lines)
  File "/Users/minrk/dev/ip/trunk/IPython/core/inputsplitter.py", line
614, in _store
    setattr(self, store, self._set_source(buffer))
  File "/Users/minrk/dev/ip/trunk/IPython/core/inputsplitter.py", line
617, in _set_source
    return ''.join(buffer).encode(self.encoding)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position
2: ordinal not in range(128)

This will still fail on Ubuntu if you run just that test alone with:

nosetests -vvsx IPython/core/tests/test_inputsplitter.py

-MinRK