[IPython-dev] pyzmq authentication

MinRK benjaminrk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 14:41:55 EDT 2011

I'm realizing that, in the parallel code at least, there is no way to
maintain these counters in a synchronized way.  This is because the
connections are in fact many-to-many, not one-to-many, so the receiver
can't know the count for the sender, and for load-balanced execution
the sender doesn't know who the receiver is. What I've done instead to
prevent sniffed duplicates is to simply keep track of previously seen
digests, and don't allow repeats.

The code is pretty simple, and I'll merge it after the newconfig code is merged.

-MinRK