[IPython-dev] Configuring logging for the kernel?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 13:36:40 EST 2011

Hi Robert,

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 9:23 AM, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:
> For now, just add command line arguments enough to use logging.basicConfig() in
> the kernel process, and don't worry about any more complicated logging
> scenarios. Just the filename/stream and level arguments are sufficient, I think.
> Untested, but probably sufficient:

OK, many thanks.  That's along the lines of what I had, I was just a
little tired to finish it up and decided to get some feedback before
putting more time into it, in case I was off-base.  Indeed, we'll want
to make it properly configurable later on, but for now something like
this should suffice.

If nobody beats me to it with a coded pull request, I'll try to work
on it in the next couple of days.