[IPython-dev] edit not executing on Windows

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 15:06:33 EST 2011

On 9 December 2011 20:02, Kevin Buchs <kevin.buchs at gmail.com> wrote:

> There have been times in the past when I wished there was a way to invoke
> the editor without executing the results, but now it seems to be behaving
> that way all the time.

Because of the slightly different model with a GUI editor (which often
won't block the parent process), we decided not to automatically execute
the code in the Qt console. There was some discussion about making this the
default in the terminal as well, but I don't think we changed that (yet).

Thomas