[IPython-dev] XREQ/XREP socets

Sean Ross-Ross srossross at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 11:41:31 EDT 2011

Thanks for the response Brian, I asked about avoiding the ZeroMQ layer because:

1) From the documentation It looks like the sending of JSON data across sockets is supposed to be technology independent. I this a correct assumption,  or is ZMQ a hard dependency?
2) The javascript server already implements an asynchronous sockets layer, it seems like an unnecessary step to install the zmq/javascript bindings.