[IPython-dev] Starting to plan for 0.11 (this time for real)

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 19:18:41 EDT 2010

On 30 October 2010 02:01, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thomas, I think the easiest way forward will be to move your py3 repo
> to be owned by this team, as that will make it easier to get
> collaboration from others, pull requests reviewed, etc.  Doing that on
> a personally-held repo is awkward.   You need to ask github manually
> to do it:

I've asked, but apparently they can't do it, because it's a fork of the repo
the IPython organisation already owns:
http://support.github.com/discussions/organization-issues/315-request-to-transfer-my-personal-repository-to-an-organisation

I guess we could either push my branch to the organisation's existing repo
(without merging it into trunk), or set up a new ipython-py3k repository,
and push my branch as master there.

Thomas