[IPython-dev] Error in test_unicode for InputSplitter

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 19:34:11 EDT 2010

Hey,

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 11:15 AM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg at gmail.com> wrote:

>    return ''.join(buffer).encode(self.encoding)
> UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position
> 2: ordinal not in range(128)

No, I don't see it here on trunk:

Ran 9 test groups in 45.840s

Is this on your unmodified copy of trunk?  If so that's bad news,
because it means we have a unicode problem that's platform-dependent
:(

But let's not worry too much about it yet, since we know we have a
full complement of problems with unicode anyways.  Once I've had a go
at that code, we'll make sure this is gone.

Thanks for pointing it out though.  I've made a note about it in our
main unicode ticket just to make sure we don't forget:

http://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/#issue/25/comment/503524