[IPython-dev] Using Ipython cache as file proxy

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 19:54:52 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Gökhan Sever <gokhansever at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,

[...]

In addition to the suggestions you've received so far, you may want to
look at Philip Guo's IncPy:

http://www.stanford.edu/~pgbovine/incpy.html

It's still a research project, but I know Philip (CC'd here) is very
interested in real-world feedback.  He has tested running ipython on
top of his modified incpy Python.  It's as easy as building a separate
incpy, and then running

/path/to/incpy `which ipython` ...

and you're running on top of incpy instead of plain python.  You
should be able to otherwise use your normal packages/libraries.

I have no idea how well it will work for you (I haven't tested it
myself) but am quite curious.  Hence the suggestion that you be our
guinea pig and report back ;)