[IPython-dev] IPython 0.10.1 -pylab

Peter Butterworth butterw at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 20:42:39 EDT 2010

The suggested modification in matplotlib/cbook.py doesn't solve the issue:
>> import locale
>> x=locale.getpreferredencoding()
>> print repr(x)
'cp1252'

On ipython v0.10/0.10.1 -pylab the problem disappears if I change the
matplotlib backend from Qt4Agg to TkAgg. I'm pretty sure I've seen
this problem previously using TkAgg though, so I will have to check
this again on some other windows machines.

In v0.10/0.10.1 launching regular ipython and then doing >> from pylab import *
does works.
In v0.11 the problem occurs also in regular ipython.