[IPython-dev] 0.11 regression in %who_ls - report issue and request code review

Jonathan March JDM at MarchRay.net
Wed May 19 12:12:07 EDT 2010

http://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/issue/119

%who_ls (hence also %who and %whos) mistakenly interpret any type filter as
str.
Broken by
http://github.com/ipython/ipython/commit/c870360cc5e0b06054ab92a649f034f47824bf3b

Fixed by
http://github.com/jdmarch/ipython/commit/322eec22bf6fc65d34a6ebe7e4c4728c8a2cd4e8

Questions:

1. The fix just changes one line, but I have configured my editor to remove
trailing white space, which it did on dozens of lines in this file. This
cleanup makes it harder to view the diff on github (unlike local diff tools
which can ignore whitespace differences). So is it better not to do such
cleanup?

2. I don't want to create more work than necessary for dev team. For
something tiny like this, should I skip the bug report and code review steps
and go straight to pull request?

Jonathan