[IPython-dev] Devs on github: fork the main repo

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon May 10 05:51:53 EDT 2010

Hi folks,

As soon as I can I'll include Matthew's instructions:

https://cirl.berkeley.edu/mb312/gitwash/

in our real development docs with explicit IPython references.  But
for now, please use this as our workflow description replacing 'nipy'
with 'ipython' in your head.  Importantly, for those of you who know
you will develop for IPython, start by forking the main repo on

http://github.com/ipython/ipython

by clicking the 'fork' button, so you have your own copy of the repo
to work from, generate pull requests, etc.