[IPython-dev] DreamPie - a new graphical Python shell

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Sun Feb 21 09:04:49 EST 2010

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 03:51:15PM +0200, Noam Yorav-Raphael wrote:
> Thanks for the link! I wasn't familiar with Spyder. It looks very interesting.
> It seems to me that it is less oriented toward using the shell - for
> example, I couldn't find a way to recall a block (more than one line)
> from history, and there was no way to interrupt either the internal or
> the external console. I think DreamPie is better in that respect.

I am sure that DreamPie is better than Spyder in some respects, and vice
versa.

However, the question is: is there an interest in collecting many
different efforts that have their own strengths and weaknesses?

Note that I am a user of neither, because they don't offer all the
functionalities that I need from IPython...

Best,

Gaël