[IPython-dev] roadmap for IPython.zmq.parallel

Barry Wark barrywark at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 10:25:46 EST 2010

Min and Fernando,

Thank you both for your comments. It sounds like we will keep a very
close eye on the zmq.parallel work—and contribute where we can—but it
may be a little premature (risk-averse mananger talking now) to plan a
project with a dependency on it. Error handling (and reporting) is
going to be a big issue since we're letting users create both the
workflow and the code that gets executed. Matlab's parallel computing
toolbox is not a shinning example of an API, but they have done some
nice work with error reporting; it may be a useful inspriration and
perhaps something we could contribute. The zmq.parallel

I will certainly look into nipy more closely. Thanks for the
suggestion, Fernando.

Happy Holidays to all,

Barry