[IPython-dev] Merging all branches that we can for git transition...

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 14:25:55 EDT 2010

Hi all,

the cleanest way to make the transition from bzr to git will be to
merge into trunk various branches we may have in flight. We can create
the git repo with extra branches if need be, and I'll be the one doing
that, but it is a little simpler if things have been merged, and it
makes for a good cleanup point as we look to what's needed for 0.11.

I just merged Laurent's 0.10 bugfixes and Dav's traitlets renames
branches, these are the only two active merge reviews that were ready
for merge.  So I would like anyone who has any branch with work
in-flight that they'd like merged to post and let us know.  Make a
merge request if the changes are substantial, or just reply here if
they are small.  I promise to review all changes and do the merge work
once we're satisfied with the review.

At that point, we'll be ready to simply make the transition to git and
reopen for business :)