[IPython-dev] Upgrade to repository format 2a in launchpad finished

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 20:40:23 EDT 2010

Hi all,

the repo upgrade on LP is done.  You will need to update any local
shared repos you may have with

bzr upgrade --2a

In addition, you will also need to upgrade you branches hosted on
launchpad so you can push back to them, just like I did with the trunk
repo.  For example, for my trunk-dev branch on LP I just did:

bzr upgrade --2a lp:~fdo.perez/ipython/trunk-dev

This upgrade on LP takes a good while (an hour, perhaps two), so do it
from a machine with a stable connection, as it entails constant
network traffic.  I once had mine interrupted and was left with a
'wedged' upgrade because the backup file is in the way:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/300001

The lp team on IRC helped me delete the backup file using hitchhiker:

bzr branch lp:hitchhiker

Then:

uqbar[hitchhiker]> ./hitchhiker lp:ipython
Opened bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ipython-dev/ipython/trunk/
(Cmd) ls
.bzr
backup.bzr
(Cmd) rmtree backup.bzr
(Cmd) ls
.bzr

Done.

I only mention this in case somebody wedges their upgrade, it took me
a bit to find what the solution should be.  Apparently this problem is
fixed in the most recent (beta) bzr release, but getting hitchhiker
was easier than updating all of bzr just for this.

OK, I hope this upgrade doesn't cause anyone any troubles, let me know
if it does.