[IPython-dev] IPython module and package reorganization

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 16:20:41 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I am about to begin a significant reorganization of nearly all of
IPython's packages and modules.  This is in preparation for the work
on the IPython core that I will be dong this summer.  Here is a
document describing what I propose to do:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ipython-dev/ipython/module-reorg/annotate/head%3A/docs/source/development/reorg.txt

I highly recommend looking at this as it will affect everyone.

The main thing I need feedback on at this point are the top-level
module names we will use.  Please have a look and let me know what you
think.

Cheers,

Brian