[IPython-dev] Interactive wx/pylab with no threads (PyOS_InputHook)

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 04:44:09 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 10:53 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:

> that user base.  We can look into perhaps refactoring 'ipython
> -wthread' into some ghetto where it doesn't "pollute" the rest of the
> code quite so much, and I'm totally open to that.  But I think *right
> now* dropping Wx would be a mistake.

Actually, it's not all that bad. The 'ghetto' is already the
MTInteractiveShell, and it's easy to avoid that by just using standard
InteractiveShell in a single-threaded fashion. And since Brian already
implemented the PyOS_InputHook for wx, it's just a matter of putting
it under extensive testing.

Note that now that wx can also supports this, you can throw in twisted
wxreactor and it should work out of the box.

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio