[IPython-dev] Before a patch for LSF support

Matthieu Brucher matthieu.brucher at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 03:36:57 EDT 2009

2009/8/6 Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com>:
> Hi Matthieu,
>
> On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 12:07 AM, Matthieu
> Brucher<matthieu.brucher at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It seems that it works now, also nothing changed (perhaps a quota
>> issue in my home folder?).
>
> OK, keep us posted.  I'm sorry for not having replied today,  but I
> honestly don't know that part of the code very well at all.

I ran into another issue: on a cluster, the home folder may be
different than on the access box. In that case, the .ipython/security
does not exist and the engine will not start (I've just tested this).

>> I will try to setup the cluster stuff now.
>
> Great, looking forward to the patch!

Well, first I have to try to understand what is going on, as I don't
even get the log files after the engine submission !

Also, I've tried to extract the job id (it seems it is needed), but
the BatchEngineSet.parse_job_id extracts everything that is matched by
the regexp describing a job (it uses group()). I had to put "Job
<(\d+)>" as a regexp, so group() returns, for instance, "Job <1234>"
instead of "1234". I may submit a patch to get group(1) and modify the
PBS regexp accordingly.

Matthieu
--
Information System Engineer, Ph.D.