[IPython-dev] shell command for ipython1 frontend

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Mon Sep 8 15:56:35 EDT 2008

Hey Laurent,

You had a bug under Vista with the wx frontend. Hopefuly thisis fixed
now. Can you pull my branch and give it a test?

Vista changed the semantics of a GUI event loop Yeild (it seems a Yield
is now a SafeYield, ie no user interaction is possible in a Yield).
That's nasty, and I had to do a nasty hack to go around it.

On a side note, I am lucky-enough to be currently working at Enthought,
where we have VMs of multiple operating systems, and I can develop and
test under multiple operating systems. In a couple of weeks this will no
longer be the case. I am a bit worried about this, given how the fine
details of wx vary from an OS to another.

Gaël