[IPython-dev] ipy_render

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 15:30:01 EST 2008

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 2:04 PM, Matt Foster <matt.p.foster at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was looking at the extensions and found that ipy_render only works
> on windows. I added support for darwin and linux (the two platforms I
> have access to ATM), and it would be easy to add more.
>
> I've attached the new version in case anyone finds it useful.

It is useful - however, as such I cannot commit it because:

- the toclip function belongs to platutils_*.py (now that multiple
platform implemetations exist, i.e it's not win32-only extension)

- It seems fishy to echo the string and pipe it to xsel (does it
really work with many lines?). Rather, it should do os.popen("xsel
-i","w").write(string) or somesuch.

So, if you could polish this along these lines, it would be great and
I would commit it. Not being able to write unit tests is
understandable.

Thanks for the contribution in any case, and keep us posted whether or
not you are able to improve the contribution!

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio