[IPython-dev] 0.8.3 ready

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu May 29 02:47:35 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 11:36 PM, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 6:26 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> ps - thanks to all who contributed!  I tried putting in names in the
>> changelog for all patches/ideas when I was touching the code, but
>> that's less and less these days.  I'd like to encourage others with
>> push rights to do the same and always remember to properly credit our
>> users who send contributions.
>
> And if you are providing contributions via Trac tickets, ensure that
> the ticket has your full name / address somewhere!

We should probably take the post 0.8.3 days as an opportunity to clean
up things a bit, finalize the move to bzr, etc.  That would probably
entail changing the Trac front page to suggest all new bug reports go
to launchpad...

After you have time to check everything (in particular the win32
installer, my vmware is borked and I have no way to run it now) and
put out the release announcement/notes, perhaps we can hash these
things a bit.  Both ip0 and ip1 seem happy on launchpad after this
experiment, so I think we can see what's needed to finalize the
transition next week.