[IPython-dev] .. hint:: not support in HTML docs?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon May 12 19:35:54 EDT 2008

I'm trying to build the HTML docs for ipython0 using SVN Sphinx and docutils. It
falls over on the .. hint:: node in install.txt.

writing output... index install Exception occurred:
   File "/Users/rkern/src/docutils-svn/docutils/docutils/nodes.py", line 1560,
in unknown_visit
     % (self.__class__, node.__class__.__name__))
NotImplementedError: sphinx.htmlwriter.SmartyPantsHTMLTranslator visiting
unknown node type: hint
The full traceback has been saved in
/var/folders/ZI/ZIYcWiesHNix8+QqtBdmWk+++TI/-Tmp-/sphinx-err-6V2z9g.log, if you
want to report the issue to the author.
Please also report this if it was a user error, so that a better error message
can be provided next time.
Send reports to sphinx-dev at googlegroups.com. Thanks!
make: *** [html] Error 1

It's looking for a visit_hint() method in the writer. However, it appears that
only the LaTeX writers in docutils and Sphinx even *have* a visit_hint() method.
Has anyone else managed to build the ipython0 documentation in HTML format?

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco