[IPython-dev] Help! TR: TR: Ipython plugin

Laurent Dufrechou laurent.dufrechou at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 07:02:52 EDT 2008

Hi guys,

I've submitted a pre-plugin for editra as an alternative to pyshell ;)

All is working except some quirk with ctrl+c (editra interact with it) and
enter under mac osx..

(I had never tried under mac osx.)

So here are my two help request:

-Can somebody tell if it exist a macosx emulator??? Or is there someone
willing to help me debug this remotely? (else trying to correct the code by
itself with my help or perhaps via a vnc connection?)

Here is what cody saw:

2) The plugin loads and shows on Mac OSX but there must be some problem with
the key handling because hitting 'Enter' only inserts a new line in the
control and doesn't execute the command. This problem doesn't exist when
running under wxGTK.

-Cody is asking if it is possible to embed Ipython in the plugin:

It might also be interesting to try and embed IPython itself into the plugin
so nobody has to worry about dependencies. If IPython is pure python (not a
C extension) this should be as easy as copying the IPython directory into
your plugins __init__.py path and then including it the setup.py's data
files.

Does Ipython as C dependency I'm not aware of???

Cheers,

Laurent