[IPython-dev] About IPython and bzr

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 03:27:03 EDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 12:24 AM, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I still think we should at least try to avoid symlinks in bzr for a
>  while more, until a definite solution settles down. And besides, if
>  the symlink is the "right answer", it should be in an area that is not
>  needed on Windows; obviously, even if you were able to check out the
>  symlink, it would never actually work in win32.

I'm certainly not going to commit any symlinks for now, I just removed
the ChangeLog one so I could use a local symlink on my system.  But I
was thinking of planning ahead, so that if we do need symlinks in the
future for something, we know what the available solutions are.  SVN
didn't do it  elegantly, but at least it (kinda) worked.

Thanks to Alex for the info!