[IPython-dev] ipython1 on launchpad

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 12:17:21 EST 2008

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 2:19 AM, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Summary summarum, I am not sure whether setting up own servers (in
>  order to host hg) is worth the time and expense, and the results could
>  be worse (for example, would it be possible for *anyone* to register a
>  public branch on the custom server, like with Launchpad?)

That's pretty much my take so far on the problem, after looking at
Launchpad a lot yesterday.  We'll just wait for a few weeks (we have
another 2 sprints coming up in March, one on scipy/neuroimaging and
one on ipython in Paris) and sort out the final decision, but so far
from what I see, I've reached the same conclusion as above.  Launchpad
has a lot of good infrastructure, and I doubt it's worth Enthought's
time to redo it.

If we go that  route, it would be great if we could find a way to
migrate our Trac history into their bug system so we keep our tickets.