[IPython-dev] Bazaar on OS X

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 13:22:30 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 3:14 PM, Hans Meine <hans_meine at gmx.net> wrote:

> Mercurial does not handle any line of development special, i.e. you get to see
> the complete, directed, acyclic graph e.g. in "hg log" (or "hg glog", "hg
> view").  AFAICS, bzr decides that one path from this graphs "root" to the tip

And the same works with bzr (bzr qlog / bzr viz). It's just about
revision numbers (that mean much more in bzr than they do in hg), and
what you see on launchpad revision history page.

This is actually a feature in bzr, and something that makes the UI of
bzr simpler than hg's. The big advantage of hg over bzr is speed, so
as long as we get decent performance out of bzr, this discussion is
not worth spending too much time/brain energy on. We are investigating
the use of hg at workplace, just because we'd like to have one version
control system that is suitable for projects of all sizes. If we were
only working on small projects (~ ipython size), I would have
recommended bzr - it does the "just works" thing quite well.