[IPython-dev] Moving pyreadline to launchpad

Jörgen Stenarson jorgen.stenarson at bostream.nu
Tue Jun 17 16:13:32 EDT 2008

Fernando Perez skrev:
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 11:09 AM, Jörgen Stenarson
>> <jorgen.stenarson at bostream.nu> wrote:
>>
>>> Unfortunately svn2bzr.py complains about the dumpformat. The dumpfile
>>> you made has version 3 and svn2bzr requires version 2. Is dumpfile format 3
>>> for svn 1.5?
>> Mmh, that's weird.  The svn version on that machine is very old:
>>
>> ipython at scipy[~]$ svn --version
>> svn, version 1.2.3 (r15833)
>>   compiled Aug 26 2005, 03:42:45
>>
>> I did a dump with --deltas to make it a bit smaller, let me try again
>> without deltas and see if that helps.
>
> OK, here it is.  Note that this file is 50MB large, but it's the plain
> 'svn dump' output without any --deltas, so it might be easier to
> process.
>
> http://ipython.scipy.org/dist/iprepo.svndump-full.bz2
>
> Let me know if that still doesn't work, I could also make a tarball of
> the raw repo. Since nobody is committing to it and we use the FSFS
> backend, that should be safe to simply dump to a file and transport
> over to another machine.

Argh, this is frustrating. The full dump worked better. But I had to
change svn2bzr to open files in binary mode. But then it barfs when
there is a Node-action: change in the dump file. Apparently svn2bzr does
not support the full dump file format or there is some other problem.
Can you run svn2bzr on the dumpfile without problems?

I could try the other svn2bzr branch which is supposed to work directly
on the repo. But that will have to wait until tomorrow. Well I did a
quick test but that branch crashes hard when I try to work directly to
the repo on ipython.scipy.org. Perhaps we could try to do the tarball of
the whole repo.

It seems these more advanced problems are tricky to do on windows. I
sure hope it is easier to work with bzr in a normal situation.

/Jörgen