[IPython-dev] Critical: For now IPython requires Python 2.5 - we need to fix this

MinRK benjaminrk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 16:54:32 EDT 2008

I just did a test install in 2.4, and it works fine.  It throws SyntaxErrors
during setup, but the install still completes and regular IPython works
fine.  I get the SyntaxErrors again (in kernel.config) if I try to import
kernel.client, but it's certainly not a widespread problem.  Only
kernel/config and kernel/contexts seem to have the issue, which should be
easy to remedy.

-MinRK