[IPython-dev] Win32 IPython1?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 16:17:40 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 12:38 PM, Alex Brown <Alexander_Brown at uml.edu> wrote:
> Should I wait until your merge is complete?  I need to at least decide on an
> approach in the next week or two.

If you can tolerate *minor* code breakage, I'd suggest that you start
using ipython1 right away, as if the merge wasn't going to happen.
It's perfectly usable today, and all we're doing is moving its
functionality into the trunk.  So what you'll need to do when we
finish the move and *you* are ready (ip1 will remain available for you
to install/deploy) will be to change a few imports from

from ipython1.blah...

from IPython.blahh....

Your application code will remain the same otherwise.

HTH,