[IPython-dev] exe installer + vista

Laurent Dufréchou laurent.dufrechou at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 18:07:13 EST 2008

I'm on vista here and didn't had such problem.  (well with 0.8.1)
Since I got lot of problem with software installation, what I did is to
deactivate UAC (user access control).
It's most of the time from where problems comes under vista.
There is an option in vista if you don't deactivate it, something like
execute as administrator.(with a right click on the .exe)
Give it a try.
Another option is to right click and select properties and compatibility
mode windows XP SP2 for the installer .exe.
This last one solves the issues not solved by execute as administrator...