[IPython-dev] IPython and Leo

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Thu Jan 24 10:59:47 EST 2008

Am Donnerstag, 24. Januar 2008 16:54:01 schrieb Edward Ream:
> [quote]
> What would really make my day is the ability to do this:
>
> [~]|29> s = "some sring"
> [~]|30> %leo s
>
> and then you would have the 's' as node in leo, and editing the string
> (or perhaps some other variable type, e.g. pretty printed array) would
> update the IPython variable s as well!
> [end quote]

That reminds me of traits, as used e.g. in envisage.  Just a heads-up; I
always read about the enthought tool suite but only recently started to take
a serious look at the stuff.  Traits are rather self-contained and
independent of the higher-level stuff (e.g. envisage, chaco, mayavi,...), so
maybe that's something you could use in Leo.

BTW: the GUI -> python direction is not the difficult one, but traits help you
with the other direction, i.e. automatic GUI updating

Ciao, /  /
     /--/
    /  / ANS