[IPython-dev] Embedding IPython in wx

Laurent Dufréchou laurent.dufrechou at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 10:39:08 EDT 2008

Is any missing functionality only in the files within the demo directory?
What do you mean? If it is about missing functionalities here are the missing one:

Easy:

àHistory is not reloaded at startup… it is the next item in my todo list.

à%magic keys are not well tested.

If you find some that don’t works, make a report J

%cpaste as been deactivated ‘cause it is a bit complicated to interface with it without doing ugly things, so I preferred to implement multiline copy/paste that what is doing cpaste (more or less)

I haven’t tried a lot other funcs.

à WxPython demo app save perspective, view widget option when they are closed ala wxdemo AUI example.

Medium:

àMore option dialog:

-          One to choose colors for the color scheme

-          Other options I’m not aware of for the moment…

àWatch widget: A wx.panel that receive update on watched value via for example each time a command is executed:

A=1

print A

%watch A

Medium hard:

àLive Help widget: A wx.panel that receive the result of ‘?’ command each time a key is pressed and display it in a fancy way (hoooot feature !)

Tricky:

àalt+C or ctrl+c to break while doing:

While(1):

                Print ‘ok’

Can freeze the app (hard to solve) (multithreading lock issue with keyboard interrupt , not a good couple of things…)

Any other idea welcome.