[IPython-dev] (Known) Lockups with -qthread

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Thu Sep 20 07:22:19 EDT 2007

Hi!

Today, I suffered a lot from IPython stopping responding with -qthread, after
long computations that have to be repeated on every restart. :-(

I think the problem appears more often in high-load situations, or - in my
case - when my custom widget's paintEvent() takes a long time to draw
something and I enter a command in IPython during the drawing.

Now my question is - do these lockups also happen with GTK and/or Qt4?

Ciao, /  /
     /--/
    /  / ANS