[IPython-dev] Changed dir stack implementation

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 09:36:19 EDT 2007

On 9/8/07, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:

> The dir stack has apparently been broken for a while - it pushed the
> *target* directory, not the current directory as it should (which
> means it worked when you only moved around with pushd and popd, cwd
> was typically not pushed).

Ok, now I realize that *is* the actual design of pushd/popd. It just
contradicts with the docstring:

"""Place the current dir on stack and change directory."""

Because it didn't place the current dir on stack - it changed the
directory, then pushed the new directory on stack.

Is it ok if I fix this? I.e. should we remain "bug compatible", or
implement it the way pushd/popd is conventionally done?