[IPython-dev] [Ipython-svndiff] 2706 - add zope profile

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 14:43:31 EDT 2007

On 9/4/07, Stefan Eletzhofer <stefan.eletzhofer at inquant.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2007/9/4, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com>:
> > On 9/4/07, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > [ please all devs with commit rights read this message, there's an
> > > important point at the end regarding licensing]
> > >
> > > this contribution is very nice, thanks to Stefan for giving it.  But
> > > I'm a bit concerned about something:4
> >
> > Stefan, is it ok that we relicense this instance under BSD?
>
> Yes. As I said, I wasn't aware of what that license really means,
> so if it involves some hassle (even including a startup teext etc.),
> then I'd surely like to drop it, also for myself. I can do that in no
> time :), or you can do it, in which case I'd like to get a short message
> such that I can have the plone collective SVN in sync.

Even better!  I wasn't sure if you had hard attachments to the
original license, which is why I wanted to leave you the option of
keeping it.  But in terms of 'playing nice' with the rest of ipython's
codebase, BSD makes things vastly easier.

I see Ville just committed the changes, so all is good now.

Many thanks for both your contribution and your cooperation.

ps - offlining now, I'll try to commit my doctest and other pending
fixes later tonight.  I have work to do on a server now.