[IPython-dev] [IPython-user] Chinese char width problem in pyreadline

Jörgen Stenarson jorgen.stenarson at bostream.nu
Mon Oct 29 14:55:22 EDT 2007

I have comitted the patch to svn. It would be good if as many users as
possible could test pyreadline from svn so we can discover any problems.
You may have to delete your .pythonhistory file because the patch
assumes it is encoded in utf8.

I had some problems getting svn to use the patch file, it seems my
version doesn't like to get unicode input. I did some manual editing of
the file to get it to work. This means I may have messed up some of your
intended changes so please look at it.

I also made a change to your patch in the ensure_text function in
console.py. I do decode(consolecodepage,"replace") instead of
decode("utf8","replace"). Using consolecodepage makes tab completion
work for me on folders/directories using non-ascii characters.

/Jörgen