[IPython-dev] website spam

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 13:36:24 EDT 2007

On 10/11/07, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/11/07, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'll get on a more realistic solution for the long term right away,
> > even if it means banning open edits of the wiki and having to request
> > a registered ID on the list from me.
>
> Or just some script somewhere.

If you have a good/easy one, send it my way.  Initially I'll just
close the thing off for now, but I'd obviously love a less blunt
solution, so any contributions are *very* welcome.

> Unrelated: I have one more week to go before I can access internet at
> home again, so I figure after that we could finally push for the
> release?

Yup.  I'll be traveling for the next 2 weeks, but with on and off net
access, so it shouldn't be a problem.  I am worried though about all
those unicode problems we still have.  Though perhaps we should just
push out the current code as is, and leave that for post 0.8.2.  I'll
leave that decision for you to make, I'm OK either way (though I'd
vote for releasing sooner).