[IPython-dev] Regression bug in 0.8.x input filtering

Dan Milstein danmil at comcast.net
Wed May 30 10:18:51 EDT 2007

Okay, I think I've fixed this (just committed it to svn).

Now, as per the requests below, any magics, aliases or autocalls must
be separated from the 'rest' of the line by a whitespace for ipython
to treat them special.

Thus, e.g.

  $ r'a_string'

Will no longer trigger the %r magic even if automagic is on.  Added
tests to verify this.

I'm hopeful that this isn't going to screw anything else up, but
everything prefiltering related is complex, so lemme know if it blows
things up interestingly.

-D