[IPython-dev] IPython at WikiPedia

Ian Ozsvald ian at showmedo.com
Sun May 20 11:19:43 EDT 2007

Dear all, I noticed that WikiPedia didn't have an IPython entry so I have
created a stub.  Given that other major dev environments have pages (e.g.
Wing, SPE) as do tools (e.g. matplotlib) I figured that IPython deserved
one too:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPython

A WikiPedia editor had "expressed a concern that the subject of the
article does not satisfy the notability guideline".  Since my initial edit
another user has added citations which resulted in the 'concern' being
lifted.

I wonder if some of the good folks here would expand the entry such that
the IPython page becomes a permanent entry at Wikipedia?  I'm a long-time
user of IPython but I don't know too many of its features or history,
you'll all know a heck of a lot more than me.

Other wikipedia links that might give inspiration:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matplotlib (perhaps could link to IPython?)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SciPy

I have already linked to IPython from the main Python entry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Python_%28programming_language%29
and:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_integrated_development_environments_for_Python_programming_language
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Python_software#Packages_for_Python