[IPython-dev] failed installation of ipython1

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon May 14 13:10:05 EDT 2007

Hi Ondrej,

On 5/13/07, Ondrej Marsalek <ondrej.marsalek at matfyz.cz> wrote:
> hello everybody,
>
> at first i would like to thank all the people who contribute to
> ipython, especially the new ipython1 features. a few days ago a saw
> the msri video and i am really excited about the parallelization
> features and the potential in all this.
>
> now to my problem: i tried to install ipython1 from svn on an ubuntu
> feisty fawn box (i can provide more details if needed) and it seems it
> was not successful. below i provide the end of the installation
> transcript and the failed "trial ipython1" bellow.

Sorry about that.  I think most of us are running straight from the
dev directory, so we hadn't really noticed this.  I fixed a few small
problems from your traceback, let us know how it goes.

> WARNING:
> Error in Arguments: "Illegal option '--noterm_title'"

Your main ipython is probably not current enough, I'm afraid.  You'll
need the most recent release, 0.8.1, for all of this to work smoothly.

Regards,