[IPython-dev] Testing help needed with IPython1

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 16:08:00 EDT 2007

On 6/22/07, Brian Granger <ellisonbg.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> We have been chasing down some extremely subtle edge cases in the
> IPython1 interpreter (branches/saw) over the last few days.  We think
> we have this solved, but we are running into some undocumented dark
> corners of the compiler module.  For those of you using ipython1 saw,
> could you do an svn up and run some of your code and see if it works.
> Thanks.  We are hoping to get these things worked out ASAP - hopefully
> we are already there.

And if anyone on the list happens to be an expert on the internals of
how Python's AST code is supposed to work (this stuff is more or less
undocumented, except for the AST construction code itself), please let
us know.  It might come handy to know we have an expert on this topic
'on call', since the debugging for this stuff has been, ahem, 'fun'.