[IPython-dev] wxIPython

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Sun Dec 2 18:04:54 EST 2007

On Sun, Dec 02, 2007 at 11:02:06PM +0100, Laurent Dufrechou wrote:
>    Hi everybody,

Hi Laurent,

Congratulations for that.

We have currently started an effort to get a wxPython front end for
Ipython1, the next version of Ipython. It lives in the Ipython1 svn:
http://projects.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/browser/ipython1/trunk/ipython1/fronte
nd

The idea is to have a readline replacement, ipreadline, that can act as
readline, but have several front ends. We have currently started the
wxPython front-end, but to make all this general-enough, it would be a
good idea to start other front ends.

As none of us are good wxPython coder (unlike you, as it seems), and as
we don't have much time, it is moving along very slowly. But we sure
could use some help.

Cheers,

Gaël