[IPython-dev] problems with -qt4

Darren Dale dd55 at cornell.edu
Fri Aug 24 08:32:15 EDT 2007

Gael wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 10:17:41AM +0200, nom de guerre wrote:
> >    thank you all for all help (in
> >    advance) and developers of IPython for really nice shell. please don't
> > leave the problem as is.. ;]
>
> The problem is that IPython developers don't use QT4 and don't know the
> API. They therefore cannot fix the problem. It might be nice to have
> someone who knows PyQT well to have a look at that, maybe together with
> someone who knows IPython well.

I know the ipython devs are not qt experts, and shouldnt be expected to solve
this. However, the qt4 features in ipython and mpl have been used by John and
Fernando for tutorials. My main concern with posting is to raise awareness, I
wouldn't feel to good if someone got surprised by this behavior in front of a
group of people.

Darren