[IPython-dev] Release plans...

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 18:57:39 EDT 2007

On 4/5/07, Dan Milstein <danmil at comcast.net> wrote:
> F-
>
> In terms of 0.7.4 v 0.8 -- would it make sense to fold in my reorg of
> the prefilter stuff in that case?  I mean, on the one hand, no,
> because we're close and all, and who wants to introduce a chunk of
> new code now. OTOH, as it's becoming, as you say, a non-trivial
> update (in particular, there are a bunch of changes to prefilter
> stuff which I need to track), so why not put in cleaned up code + all
> the tests.
>
> What do you think?

Time is my problem right now.  As I mentioned, next week I'm leaving
for a python workshop and I need to finish testing a big binary build
effort for that, as well as preparing the workshop materials and 2
talks.  So swamped doesn't begin to describe where I am right now,
unfortunately :)

Since it would basically mean almost blind-dumping that code with no
chance of testing it, I'm reluctant.

I'd much rather get 0.8.0 on Tuesday and immediately commit your code
for 0.8.1.  That release could come soon, and that will be the code
base we'll use for the Boulder Sprint, and which we'll pull into the
saw branch for the future.

I hate to put you on hold, given your contributions.  But I hope you
understand the constraints...

Regards,