[IPython-dev] pydb 1.19 released, thoughts about integration

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 10:11:40 EDT 2006

On 10/27/06, R. Bernstein <rocky at panix.com> wrote:

> But what are plans in the chainsaw branch? I see what looks to me
> really ugly code in "run -d". Is that code going to be in the chainsaw
> branch as well?. Is the chainsaw branch going to support older
> versions of Python which require duplicating code from say pdb?

You can already override the %run magic command through ipapi
(IPython/ipapi.py), by using expose_magic().

We could look into exposing various hooks to allow plugging in
different levels of debugging support. The current debugger support is
pre-ipapi stuff and too "wired in" for it's own good, but if we can
clean ip up through hooks and other extensions mechanisms (as opposed
to wiring in more stuff), so much the better.