[IPython-dev] %bg %run -i foo.py

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 01:26:45 EST 2006

On 11/15/06, Gael Varoquaux <gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 09:57:05AM +0100, Gael Varoquaux wrote:
> > It seems this doesn't work. I am missing an obvious way to do this.
> > Elsewhere this would definitely be a nice feature to add.
>
> OK, revisiting my original mail I see that I wasn't clear:
>
> I would like to do something like
>
> "%bg %run -i foo.py"

Try something like

%bg _ip.magic('run -i foo.py')

In general, the _ip object object (an instance of "IPApi") is often a
good place to look for stuff. Try %history and you'll see that all
magics are expanded to _ip.magic('blah').

(An unrelated note - I'm moving and w/o home internet connection until
the end of this month, so have some patience).