[IPython-dev] windows readline vi mode

Michael Graz mgraz at mnsgraz.plus.com
Mon Mar 13 18:40:41 EST 2006

Greetings.  Not sure how to proceed here but I have finished extending Gary
Bishop's UNC python readline package to support vi command line editing.
Previously it only supported emacs mode.  Now the mode can be selected in
the standard way via a .inpurc file (ie "set editing-mode vi").

It contains all the goodies vi users rely on such as jump to next word, find
character, compound commands with multipliers, dot command, yank buffer,
history search and so on.  It also contains a redo feature (ctrl-r) like vim
which reverses an undo.

Gary has agreed to this extension.  Is there anyone willing to test, give
feedback on or merge in the changes?  Or else let me know what I can do.  I
tried sending an earlier email with notes on how to download this new code
but it seems the mailer blocked the message - perhaps since it contained
links?

Thanks,

-Michael