[IPython-dev] ipipe news

Walter Dörwald walter at livinglogic.de
Wed Mar 1 15:54:47 EST 2006

John Hunter wrote:

>     Walter> I've uploaded a new version of ipipe to
>     Walter> http://styx.livinglogic.de/~walter/IPython/ipipe.py
>
> This is very cool.  Nice work!
>
> I like the CSV functionality :-)
>
> I've figured out how to browse a CSV file and pick a row, but am
> having trouble picking a column.

Currently there's no key to pick a complete column. There's only P which
picks one cell and M which picks the column value of all marked objects.

But this should be simple to add.

> The ability to mark and pick
> multiple rows is very nice.  It would also be nice to select a range
> or rows.  Eg, after sorting, one might like to select a range of rows
> for further analysis.

Hmm, this might require some kind of dialog box (or you mark the first
object, go to the last object and press the key for "mark from first
marked to here").

Bye,
    Walter Dörwald