[IPython-dev] [IPython-user] On Eggs and the striping of docs & examples

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 03:13:11 EST 2006

On 1/26/06, Fernando Perez <Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu> wrote:

> The stable branch should live up to its name: let's not break backwards
> compatibility unless there is a _strong, compelling_ reason to do so.
> Convenience, cleanup, tidyness, are NOT strong and compelling.

I have no intention to break backwards compatibility anywhere so you
can relax about this; it's more of a documentation/encouragement
issue. It would still work as usual.

Not that I'm actually going to do it anytime soon, there are things of
higher priority pending.

--
Ville Vainio - http://tinyurl.com/2prnb
http://vainio.blogspot.com